Edward C. Casey Jr.
Ed Casey was born in Palo Alto, California in 1960. Mr. Casey received his A.B. from U.C. Berkeley in 1982. In 1985, he received his J.D. degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. He was admitted to the California bar and the United States District Court in 1986.
Mr. Casey has been practicing law in Oakland and the surrounding Bay Area for 30 years. He has written articles and lectured on Legal Ethics, Premises Liability, Liability of Property Owners for Acts Independent Contractors, and Utilization of Expert Witnesses in Civil Litigation.
Mr. Casey is a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California, the San Francisco Bar Association, the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, and the Alameda County Bar Association. Mr. Casey has served as a judicial arbitrator for the San Francisco Superior Court the last 17 years. He has argued numerous cases before the California Court of Appeal.
Mr. Casey is also an active member of the community, serving on the board of directors for the Warren W. Eukel Teacher Trust and as a member of the Knights of Columbus. In his spare time, he enjoys golf, tennis, and cycling.
McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1985
University of California at Berkeley, A.B., 1982
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- San Francisco Bar Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Alameda County Bar Association
A personal approach to law.
- 1The personal relationship I develop with my clients is the most important first step to being their best possible advocate.
- 2My formula is simple: personal attention, diligent preparation, and hard-nosed advocacy. Unlike most law firms, I handle every case, from initial client interview to resolution.
- 3My cases are not passed off to an associate attorney or paralegal for case work-up. By carefully selecting each case, my clients are assured that I am always available to meet their needs during every step of the process.
- 4I return every client phone call, prepare every aspect of the case, keep my clients fully informed of case status, and obtain maximum recovery.
- 5I provide only the highest level of legal representation to achieve the best possible results, including numerous six and seven figure recoveries.
What Our Clients Say
I was involved in a serious 2 car auto collision on 21 January 2011. A lady made a right turn from the left lane, on a surface street going roughly 40 to 45 mph. I...Read More
Jann Maccollam, San Marcos, California
Our experience with the legal services of Ed Casey, Jr. was phenomenal! Having worked in the legal field for over seventeen years, we have not met another lawyer like Ed Casey, Jr. His professional demeanor...Read More
Stacey & Victor, Napa, CA
The law offices of Ed Casey were a tremendous help in resolving issues related to water intrusion in our home. The foundation slab did not meet industry standards which resulted in moisture seepage. Also, during...Read More
Alvin & Lorene King, American Canyon, CA
I retained Ed Casey several years ago when my husband had been seriously injured in a high speed auto collision. There was very little insurance and my husband had incurred hundreds of thousands of dollars...Read More
Xuan Nguyen, San Francisco, CA
When my dear elderly mom was treated negligently at a very reputable Bay Area nursing home I wasn’t sure how to proceed. Not being the litigious type, but knowing Mom had suffered needlessly, I sought...Read More
Elizabeth E., Albany, CA
On April 30th, 2004, I was involved in a horrific car accident. I was not at fault, rather it was a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I needed an...Read More
Andres Bergero, Concord, CA
Ed Casey came highly recommended when I required an attorney capable of handling my complex issues. My family’s very financial life, future and home were at risk due to crimes committed by my then wife....Read More
Glenn Hopper, San Jose, CA
I would like to express my appreciation for Ed Casey’s excellent and outstanding service, in regard to my husband’s lawsuit. He settled my husband’s case quickly and we were more than satisfied with the settlement...Read More
Rita Diamond Cohen, Alameda, California
As a Private Investigator in the bay area with 30 years of experience with a variety of lawyers, I can honestly say that Ed Casey is among the best. He is hard working, diligent, smart,...Read More
Scott Ebke, Private Investigator
As a mediator, it is a rare pleasure to work with counsel who combine aggressive representation of their clients with pragmatism, creativity and realism. Ed Casey is such a litigator. I had the pleasure of...Read More
Sarah Burke, Esq., Burke ADR
Connect with us by email for a fast response. We are here to help you pursue justice and full compensation in cases of serious injury.