California Traumatic Brain Injuries
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), each year 1.4 million Americans suffer brain injuries. The CDC estimates that at least 5.3 million people in the United States have long-term care needs as a result of traumatic brain injury.
TBI occurs when a bump‚ blow‚ or penetration to the head causes permanent injury to the brain. TBI can range from mild to severe‚ and is responsible for a significant number of deaths and long-term disabilities every year. The impact on a person and his or her family can be devastating, life lasting, and wipe out a family’s savings.
“The estimated cost of caring for a survivor of severe traumatic brain injury is between $600,000 and $1,875,000 over a lifetime. ”
Many different types of accidents and injuries can result in TBI. Such as:
If you have suffered brain trauma, you may be eligible to receive compensation for:
- Medical Expenses (hospital, surgical, and ambulance bills, etc.)
- Rehabilitation Costs (expenses tied to restoring your ability to function)
- Lost Income (wages lost due to your injury)
- Diminished Earning Capacity (the reduction of your ability to earn income)
- Property Damage (damage, destruction, or loss of tangible property)
- Pain and Suffering (distress, both physical and mental, that results from your injury)
If you are a brain injury victim and are seeking a skilled TBI attorney, look no further than The Law Offices of Edward Casey Jr. With over 30 years of legal experience, our brain injury lawyers have successfully recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. Contact our traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyers for a complimentary consultation. Our Oakland, Bay Area head injury attorneys work on a contingency basis; if we don’t obtain a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf, we accept no legal fees.