Defective and Dangerous Products
Defective consumer products cause thousands of injuries every year in the USA. Consumers purchase and use products, trusting that the products will perform as they are designed to perform, according to the manufacturer’s marketing and labeling. When their failure to do so results in an injury, manufacturers can be held accountable in product liability claims.
Three elements are needed to establish a valid product liability claim. A claimant must prove that:
- The defective product was unreasonably dangerous
- The claimant was injured
- The defect in the product caused the injuries
“The strict liability rule applies to product liability claims in California.”
Products can be defective in three possible ways: design defects, manufacturing defects, or marketing defects, in which the manufacturer failed to provide proper labeling, sufficient instructions, or adequate safety warnings.
Under strict liability, the claimant is not required to prove that the manufacturer of the defective product was negligent in ensuring the safety of the product. If you have been injured by a defective product in California, you need only prove that the product caused your injuries — not that the manufacturer or seller was negligent.
Our experienced California product defects attorney provides high-quality representation to injured people in a range of product liability matters, including:
- Dangerous drugs with serious side effects, such as the acne medicine accutane and antidepressants paxil, prozac, effexor, zoloft, and lexapro.
- Defective medical devices that cause harm to the patient, such as hip implants and surgical mesh.
- Hazardous children’s products, such as toys, cribs, and car seats that cause injury.
- Defective automobile parts, such as tires that degrade, separate, and cause collisions.
- Defectively designed automobiles, such as suvs that roll over.
- Defective electrical products that cause consumers to be electrocuted
If you or your loved one has been harmed by a defective product in the San Francisco Bay area, contact The Law Offices of Edward C. Casey Jr. as soon as possible. Our practice is dedicated to helping injured people recover the compensation they deserve after serious injuries (such as brain or spinal cord) caused by the negligence of others.
You can have confidence that our product defects lawyer and our staff have the compassion, intelligence and dedication to aggressively pursue the maximum compensation possible for you.